Product designer in New York, NY
Designer with 10 years of experience spanning:
- Consumer (Google Chrome) and B2B (Uber Eats for Merchants)
- Design, people management, product strategy, and engineering/prototyping
I solve complex problems through a combination of curiosity, creativity, compassion, and analytical decision-making.
- Leading the product design, brand design, and user research functions
- Leading AI product team as product manager and designer
Led a team of 7 in designing everything merchants use to run their businesses on Uber Eats: signup, order fulfillment, analytics, menu management, customer relationships, and more.
- Stabilized team through organizational instability and rebuilt a kind, collaborative, and productive culture
- Coached designers in topics including product shaping and influence, analytical thinking, presenting work, design craft, and people management
- Catalyzed new initiatives in information architecture, user education, and design systems
- Led cross-functional design sprint to develop an ambitious yet practical 3 year product vision
Designer for menus across both merchant and consumer surfaces.
- Redesigned the merchant menu management tool, simplifying a complex, database-like interface
- Modularized how items are displayed in the consumer app, enabling Uber Eats's expansion into groceries, retail, and more
Part of the team from ~5 designers to dozens. Drove innovation and risk-taking within a product of 2 billion+ users.
- Conceived, pitched, and led design for several of Chrome's big bets: tab groups, mobile reachability, and other unreleased projects
- Designer behind one of the highest velocity experimental teams within Chrome, focused on mobile productivity and e-commerce
- Design lead for the Android browser, mentoring designers and stewarding quality and consistency
- Worked with Chrome leadership in planning strategic focus areas
Read the Bible with an AI partner to answer your questions
Interdisciplinary studies in design, user research, programming, and theoretical computer science.
Consulted for Abide, a leading meditation app for Christians.
While at Google, participated in a design sprint that generated the initial version of AfriScout, an Android app that helps pastoralists locate pasture.
While at Google, designed a data visualization of post-earthquake Nepal for the Nepalese government.