Product designer in New York, NY
Designer with 10 years of experience spanning:
- Consumer (Google Chrome) and B2B (Uber Eats for Merchants)
- Design, people management, product strategy, and engineering/prototyping
I solve complex problems through a combination of curiosity, creativity, compassion, and analytical decision-making.
Leading the product design, brand design, and user research functions.
Led a team of 7 in designing everything merchants use to run their businesses on Uber Eats: signup, order fulfillment, analytics, menu management, customer relationships, and more.
- Stabilized team through organizational instability and rebuilt a kind, collaborative, and productive culture
- Coached designers in topics including product shaping and influence, analytical thinking, presenting work, design craft, and people management
- Catalyzed new initiatives in information architecture, user education, and design systems
- Led cross-functional design sprint to develop an ambitious yet practical 3 year product vision
Designer for menus across both merchant and consumer surfaces.
- Redesigned the merchant menu management tool, simplifying a complex, database-like interface
- Modularized how items are displayed in the consumer app, enabling Uber Eats's expansion into groceries, retail, and more
Part of the team from ~5 designers to dozens. Drove innovation and risk-taking within a product of 2 billion+ users.
- Conceived, pitched, and led design for several of Chrome's big bets: tab groups, mobile reachability, and other unreleased projects
- Designer behind one of the highest velocity experimental teams within Chrome, focused on mobile productivity and e-commerce
- Design lead for the Android browser, mentoring designers and stewarding quality and consistency
- Worked with Chrome leadership in planning strategic focus areas
Interdisciplinary studies in design, user research, programming, and theoretical computer science.
Consulted for Abide, a leading meditation app for Christians.
While at Google, participated in a design sprint that generated the initial version of AfriScout, an Android app that helps pastoralists locate pasture.
While at Google, designed a data visualization of post-earthquake Nepal for the Nepalese government.